About Xage Security
Xage Security is a unique application of blockchain technology in cybersecurity for the Internet of Things (IoT) that redefines the resilience to threats, cost economics, and scale for securing billions of connected devices. Xage provides a path-breaking decentralized approach for authorization of connected sensors, machines and field devices. Xage’s unique approach to identity & authentication addresses new access paths between apps and devices, and cost efficiencies for IoT.
Xage’s product addresses new vulnerabilities created by cloud-hosted applications controlling connected devices at unprecedented scales, which exposes a significantly larger attack surface to adversaries. Xage’s Decentralized Authorization service leverages blockchain-based consensus network to contain the attack surface by increasing the adversaries’ cost of attack, while increasing the scale of the service. It offers a software Security Gateway designed to be deployed at the Edge for discovery & access management to all connected devices, and data security for streaming data emitted by them. Its cloud-hosted Identity Broker integrates with a number of existing directory and IAM services, while augmenting them with new attributes for devices & applications.
About the role
The Chief Security Architect role gives the successful candidate the opportunity of championing the design of a path-breaking information security product that addresses key gaps in security for the Internet of Things. Xage’s
product is a very unique application of blockchain technology, which leverages the decentralization properties to put adversaries in a position of disadvantage. The role is pivotal to delivering thought leadership, reliability of the product and robustness of its design and architecture.
- Scaled a startup from early on or took over a small team within a large organization and grew it into a significant department
- Prior hands-on development experience in cryptographic systems, identity management, authentication and authorization protocols
- Proven experience of building security products from prototype to production
- Track record of leading technical directions and architecture for 10+ years
- Experience successfully recruiting top talent in competitive markets
- Skilled communicator both to technologists as well as business stakeholders
- Extensive experience with cryptographic systems (Bitcoin/blockchain background a major plus), security protocol design & implementation, network security, distributed systems and orchestration & integration.
- Outstanding track record of innovation and success.
- Drive Xage’s architectural vision, decentralized application designs, security protocol designs and engineering
- Closely collaborate with the engineering team and drive key design choices made in the implementation of the product on a day-to-day basis
- Work closely with the product management team, and drive the technology & architectural aspects of the product roadmap
- Align the product with industry security standards, compliance requirements and certifications for the verticals of GTM focus
- Evaluate new security protocols & technologies, and understand how to seamlessly integrate the same into the product
- Represent Xage in customer discussions, industry-wide security forums, and security consortiums