Xage is the first and only zero trust real-world security company. Powered by the Xage Fabric, the company’s Identity & Access Management (IAM), remote access and dynamic data security solutions allow customers to secure, manage and transform operations. With its distributed, scalable and easy-to-operate Fabric, Xage solves the complex digitization challenges of the real-world operations we rely on. Xage customers include leaders in manufacturing, energy O&G, utilities, Space, logistics and transportation.
Xage Security has been recognized as one of the fastest growing tech companies in North America in the recent CNBC’s Top 100 of the World’s Most Promising Start-Ups, and has raised a total of $62 million in venture capital.
About the role
Xage is looking for a Customer Success Engineer. The responsibility of this role is to provide our customers with technical expertise and professional services to make sure they are meeting their objectives.
- Assist customers in implementing custom integrations and workflows to ensure Xage Security solutions are fully integrated into their operations.
- Be the first line of defense in solving customer support requests, and coordinating and prioritizing timely resolutions with engineering teams.
- Provide training and coaching to customers on how to establish and manage their Xage Security Suite deployment.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of typical business challenges faced by customers and common objectives to appropriately map features and associated business benefits to address their needs.
- Stay customer-obsessed & represent the customer internally in influencing product roadmap and improvements
- Work with customers and internal stakeholders to define technical solutions that meet customer use cases and requirements using a combination of internal and in some cases 3rd party software/hardware/tools.
- Identity gaps in product functionality and flexibility and proactively work with product management and engineering organizations to address these gaps using a combination of internal R&D and technology/product partnerships.
- B.S degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- You are smart, get things done, have great energy and thrive in a fast paced early-stage startup environment
- Customer focus, understand customer needs and not only what customers say. People skills to gain customers respect and compassion.
- Comfortable in teaching and coaching technical subjects.
- Excited to move fast and know how to prioritize and make critical decisions
- Full ownership (unafraid to own mistakes), ability to execute
- Linux system administration & troubleshooting experience
- Highly developed, process-oriented skills for troubleshooting, problem solving, and problem resolution
- Comfortable with one high-level programming language
- Proficient in Shell/Bash/Python/C++
- Network debugging skills
- Broad knowledge of, and experience in, fundamental information security concepts
- Knowledge of virtual machines (VirtualBox, Vagrant) and containerization technologies (Docker)
- Ability to travel based on the needs of the business. Up to 40%
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A high degree of self-motivation and flexibility.
- Demonstrate ability to think outside the box.
- Graduate degree (M.S) in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience in customer-facing roles
- Understanding of security products and secure coding techniques
- Hands-on technical knowledge and experience working with industrial networking solutions, industrial control systems, or cybersecurity solutions (e.g. identity and access management).
- Experience and understanding of the operational requirements of utility companies, oil & gas operators, renewable energy operators, and/or transportation operations.
- Comfortable with second programming language; particularly, scripting & rapid prototyping skills.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams.
- Competitive salary and Equity
- Full health, dental, vision insurance
- We will process visa transfers and immigration
- Work with founders and executives closely and participate in all aspects of company building.
- Early stage opportunity in a massive sized market with proven traction and growing rapidly
Awards and Recognition
Xage Security has received numerous awards and recognition, including:
- CNBC: 100 of the World’s Most Promising Start-Ups
- Forbes: Top 25 IoT Startups to Watch 2019
- San Francisco Business Times: Top 10 Best Places to Work for 2019 and 2020
- IoT Breakthrough Awards: 2021 Emerging Company of the Year
- SC Awards” “Best Identity Management Solution” finalist 2022
- Network World: 10 Hot IoT Startups to Watch 2018
- Gartner: Gartner Cyber-Physical Systems Protection Platform and OT Security (2022)
- TSA Certified