The Xage Security Suite is the first and only blockchain-protected security platform for the Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT). Xage creates the essential trusted foundation for secure interactions between machines, people, and data, distributing authentication and private data across the network of devices, creating a tamper-proof “fabric” for communication, authentication and trust that ensures security at scale. Xage supports any-to-any communication, secures access to existing industrial systems, underpins continuous edge-computing operations even in the face of irregular connectivity, and gets stronger and stronger with every device added to the network. Xage customers include leaders in the largest industries, spanning energy, utilities, transportation and manufacturing.
About the Role
Xage is looking for a Director of Business Development and Sales to lead our business in the Energy Markets. The responsibilities of this role are to work with the large industrial partners, operators, and system integrators across energy markets such as Oil & Gas, Wind Energy, and Solar Energy to build strategic partnerships and capture sales opportunities. Your focus will be on developing & managing partners and driving specific end customer opportunities and revenue through partners.
- Partner Business Development:
- Define industry GTM plan including target customers, partners, and channels.
- Recruit & manage partners as a part of overall partner business development
- Build Go-To-Market and OEM relationships with partners
- Drive pricing and commercial terms with partners
- Technology enablement for partners with the help of the of the Xage product management and customer success teams.
- Strategy & execution of joint marketing events and activities with partners
- Customer Business Development:
- Develop a pipeline of customer accounts in collaboration with GTM partners
- Acquisition of customer accounts in specific industry verticals
- Build success stories utilizing a consultative approach, leading to reference-able wins
The successful candidate would have a proven track record of building revenue generating partnerships for security and software products through large partners:
- Ability to build strong and actionable relationships in complex situations with multiple stakeholders
- Strong deal making and negotiating skills
- Familiarity with and understanding of the industrial ecosystem, especially in energy markets.
- Entrepreneurial and high energy
- Ability to work collaboratively with functional peers across functions including Product Management and Marketing
- Experience as a business development lead with a track record of exceeding assigned P&Ls in contiguous, multiple years
- Cyber security technology sales and business development experience is a plus
- Global experience in partnerships is a plus
- Experience in a start-up or entrepreneurial environment is a plus
- 8+ years of relevant business development and sales experience
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time