Xage Broker pushes security policy from the center into the edge.
Identity, access management and data security
Xage Gateways, Enforcement Points and optional Clients form a blockchain-protected fabric for security and app data, operating independent of central connectivity.
Users, applications and devices authenticate and cooperate via the Xage security fabric.
"Trust and access control for devices, users, and applications at the edge are key requirements for securing industrial and commercial IoT deployments. Xage’s security platform meets all of those requirements."
Xage Gateways form a blockchain-protected Fabric for tamperproof on-site storage of security information and app data, with edge-cloud dynamic data security.
- Real-time operations without offsite dependency
- Strength in numbers: No single point to hack
- Device credential management and proxy access
- Device lifecycle management and provisioning
Deployed centrally, the Broker connects central services such as Active Directory with the edge Fabric. It synchronizes credentials, certificates, policies and shared data between edge and center.
- Central control, autonomous edge operation
- Role-based remote access and single sign-on
- Conduit for central data handling
Xage Policy Manager
The Xage Policy Manager enables security policies to be defined centrally and then replicated and enforced system-wide, automating the protection of critical infrastructure.
- Automated cybersecurity for distributed operations
- Controls security field-wide from a single dashboard
- Meets evolving compliance needs e.g. NERC-CIP
Xage Enforcement Point
Xage Enforcement Point (XEP) provides protocol-agnostic access filtering plus dynamic data security with authenticity, integrity and encryption. It protects vulnerable systems and their data.
- Protects down to specific devices & controllers
- Enforces access control and data security
- Blocks any attempt to compromise an asset
Optional Xage Client Agent
Deployed within an industrial device, the optional Client Agent allows the device to participate directly in the Xage blockchain-secured IIOT Fabric and lifecycle management system.
- Standards-based enrollment (EST, SCEP, via CoAP, HTTP)
- Low-power support
- Blockchain node: Increased security and tamper-proofing
Xage Management Tools
The Xage Management Tools provide monitoring, alerting and single-pane-of-glass management of the Xage Suite.
- Orchestration and monitoring
- Audit and compliance
- Attack-detection and alerting
Xage Security Suite Application Examples
Data Security Applications
- Preventative maintenance and self-healing
Operational efficiency and cost reduction
Smart Meter Management
Technician Access Control
Device credential rotation & user/role-based login
Oil & Gas
Compliance and audit
Fault analysis, Green energy
- Data integrity, sharing & privacy
- Consensus-based attack-recovery
- Zero-touch device deployment
- Securing unprotected controllers & devices
A revolution known as the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) or Industry 4.0 is underway. Industrial companies are deploying intelligent systems composed of devices and software applications that cooperate with each other and with humans in real-time. These systems can contain new devices with robust security controls as well as currently installed devices, e.g., PLCs, RTUs, HMIs, meters, and sensors, that provide limited and varied security capabilities.
Fill out this form to download the technical whitepaper.