Xage Broker pushes security policy from the center into the edge.
Decentralized and autonomous security
Xage Gateways and Optional Xage Clients together form a blockchain-protected security fabric that holds security information and private application data and which can operate independent of central services.
Users, applications and devices authenticate and cooperate via the Xage security fabric.
"Trust and access control for devices, users, and applications at the edge are key requirements for securing industrial and commercial IoT deployments. Xage’s decentralized security platform meets all of those requirements."
The Xage Security Gateway connects to diverse IIoT edge devices, providing authentication and enforcement. Gateways form a Blockchain-secured fabric to store credentials and app data.
- Real-time operations independent of central connectivity
- Strength in numbers: Self-healing and mutually-protecting
- Industrial protocol support and device credential rotation
- Device lifecycle management, zero-touch provisioning
Deployed centrally, the Broker connects central services such as Active Directory with the edge fabric. It synchronizes credentials, certificates, policies and shared data between edge and center.
- Central control, decentralized autonomous edge operation
- Enables user & role based remote access with single sign-on
- Conduit for central data handling
Optional Xage Client Agent
Deployed within an industrial device, the optional Client Agent allows the device to participate directly in the Xage Blockchain-secured IIOT fabric and lifecycle management system.
- Standards-based enrollment (EST, SCEP, via CoAP, HTTP)
- Low-power support
- Blockchain node: Increased security and tamper-proofing
Xage Policy Manager
The Xage Policy Manager enables security policies to be defined centrally and then replicated and enforced system-wide, automating the protection of critical infrastructure.
- Automated cybersecurity for distributed operations
- Controls security field-wide from a single dashboard
- Meets evolving compliance needs e.g. NERC-CIP
Xage Management Tools
The Xage Management Tools provide monitoring, alerting and single-pane-of-glass management of the Xage Suite.
- Orchestration and monitoring
- Audit and compliance
- Attack-detection and alerting
Xage Security Suite Application Examples
Connecting apps and AIs
- Preventative maintenance and self-healing
Operational efficiency and cost reduction
Smart meters isolating outage
Access control for technicians
Device credential rotation & user/role-based login
Oil & Gas
Compliance and audit
Fault analysis, Green energy
- Data integrity, sharing & privacy
- Consensus-based attack-recovery
- Zero-touch device deployment
The current model of enterprise security is incapable of protecting Industry 4.0 with its intermittently connected, heterogeneous devices and applications, distributed across organizations and geographies. Today’s centralized IT security paradigm needs to be replaced by cybersecurity that is distributed, flexible and adaptive.