Xage Broker pushes security policy from the center into the edge.
Identity management and access control
Xage Gateways, Enforcement Points and optional Clients form a blockchain-protected fabric for security and app data, operating independent of central connectivity.
Users, applications and devices authenticate and cooperate via the Xage security fabric.
"Trust and access control for devices, users, and applications at the edge are key requirements for securing industrial and commercial IoT deployments. Xage’s decentralized security platform meets all of those requirements."
Xage Security Gateways form a Blockchain-protected fabric for tamperproof on-site storage of credentials, security policies and app data.
- Real-time operations independent of central connectivity
- Strength in numbers: Self-healing and mutually-protecting
- Automated device credential rotation and secure proxy access
- Device lifecycle management, zero-touch provisioning
Deployed centrally, the Broker connects central services such as Active Directory with the edge fabric. It synchronizes credentials, certificates, policies and shared data between edge and center.
- Central control, decentralized autonomous edge operation
- Enables user & role based remote access with single sign-on
- Conduit for central data handling
Xage Policy Manager
The Xage Policy Manager enables security policies to be defined centrally and then replicated and enforced system-wide, automating the protection of critical infrastructure.
- Automated cybersecurity for distributed operations
- Controls security field-wide from a single dashboard
- Meets evolving compliance needs e.g. NERC-CIP
Xage Enforcement Point
Xage Enforcement Point (XEP) is a filter which protects vulnerable industrial controllers and IIoT devices that may have no built-in password or secure protocol protection of their own.
- Protect systems down to the individual device and controller
- Enforce access control policies held in the Xage fabric
- Detect any attempt to compromise an industrial asset
- Remove security risk, enable remote access & automation
Optional Xage Client Agent
Deployed within an industrial device, the optional Client Agent allows the device to participate directly in the Xage Blockchain-secured IIOT fabric and lifecycle management system.
- Standards-based enrollment (EST, SCEP, via CoAP, HTTP)
- Low-power support
- Blockchain node: Increased security and tamper-proofing
Xage Management Tools
The Xage Management Tools provide monitoring, alerting and single-pane-of-glass management of the Xage Suite.
- Orchestration and monitoring
- Audit and compliance
- Attack-detection and alerting
Xage Security Suite Application Examples
Connecting apps and AIs
- Preventative maintenance and self-healing
Operational efficiency and cost reduction
Smart meters isolating outage
Access control for technicians
Device credential rotation & user/role-based login
Oil & Gas
Compliance and audit
Fault analysis, Green energy
- Data integrity, sharing & privacy
- Consensus-based attack-recovery
- Zero-touch device deployment
- Secure unprotected controllers & devices
The current model of enterprise security is incapable of protecting Industry 4.0 with its intermittently connected, heterogeneous devices and applications, distributed across organizations and geographies. Today’s centralized IT security paradigm needs to be replaced by cybersecurity that is distributed, flexible and adaptive.