We are proud to introduce the newest innovation available with the Xage Security Suite: Dynamic Data Security. This new offering enforces tamperproof data security with control and precision, enabling secure and dynamic data sharing between multiple systems, multiple locations, and multiple parties. Organizations can ensure data security from the site of operation to the cloud, across suppliers, customers, and internal operations––creating new opportunities for revenue, sustainability, operational efficiency, ecosystem cooperation, and technological innovation.
Xage was founded to enable digital transformation across real-world industries. Digital transformation is a matter of survival for businesses as they rebuild their operations around automated data-driven decisions and digital interactions. The disruption facing real-world operations today presents two options: create deeper and broader interactions with customers, suppliers, and partners, or fall behind on untapped potential for growth.
Secure data sharing is crucial to modern business operations, but presents a three-fold challenge: it must ensure 1. Authenticity 2. Integrity 3. Privacy, even as data is shared across many locations and multiple parties. This challenge is what spurred our solution, delivering dynamic and controlled data security that supports how the world’s most significant industries operate and conduct business today.
Protecting data to improve operations
The Dynamic Data Security offering is the dynamic and controlled sharing of data with tamperproof authenticity, integrity, and privacy:
- Authenticity: As data is produced, it is digitally-signed with a unique XEP key shared via the Fabric’s trusted immutable ledger, guaranteeing the data origin. Device fingerprint data stored in the Xage Fabric ensures a tamperproof record of all devices, which can be matched with the data’s metadata, to identify the data’s originating device.
- Integrity: As data is exchanged and extracted, Xage ensures integrity via data fingerprints (cryptographic hashes), which are replicated across the Fabric, allowing the data’s integrity to be checked anywhere as needed.
- Privacy and Access Control: The Fabric also allows organizations to establish identity management and granular access control by device, application, user, and data stream, to protect data at unparalleled specificity – such as by topic or time – down to the level of individual data values if desired.
Via the Xage Fabric’s tamperproof replication mechanism, organizations can securely and collaboratively share data end-to-end, across the whole data platform:
- Secure Transmission: The Xage Security Fabric and Xage Enforcement Points (XEPs) dynamically and automatically establish an encrypted tunnel for communication whenever they detect two systems attempting to communicate over the network. Further, the Fabric’s nodes perform a secure data-relay function when data and associated security information needs to be moved from one location to another but a direct point-to-point tunnel cannot be established due to the network architecture and/or intermittent network connectivity. These transmission methods protect data as it travels across the network, freeing the data from the confines of its traditional OT silo while also maintaining security and compliance with standard layered-security models.
- Availability: The distributed architecture of the Fabric ensures that data is highly available by design––which is crucial for continuous business operations. It also means that data can be consumed where it is needed––whether that is on a factory floor, or in a cloud-based process-optimization app.
A new kind of security for a new era of business
With Dynamic Data Security, businesses are able to increase operational efficiency and create new revenue on existing assets by securely implementing new technologies and optimizing system performance. They may also adopt new innovations that allow them to capitalize on new market opportunities, such as a utility company that begins to build transactive-energy microgrids – allowing customers to be both producers and consumers of electricity – and thus grows from an energy-delivery company to an energy-exchange-platform company.
What’s more, as industries seek to improve their remote operations and safety, they can enable technical staff to do their work away from any physically hazardous environments, reducing both human and environmental risks. Organizations can also monitor their outputs with an eye on reducing their environmental impact.
Xage’s offering enables secure data sharing across an entire platform, and provides controlled access in multiple places for multiple authorized parties. This represents a larger shift for businesses today, as it changes the narrative around cybersecurity: from a defense play to a return-on-investment opportunity.
For more information on Dynamic Data Security, visit xage.com/solutions/#data.